Sunday, May 2, 2010

Pregnancy thus far.

So amazingly enough, this pregnancy has been pretty not-severe, in regards to ridiculous symptoms. You always hear about how uncomfortable pregnancy is, and how miserable you'll be the entire time. That has definitely not been the case here. But, with 11 weeks to go, I'm sure I still have time to eat those words later.

Around week 7 or 8, I had my only bout with "morning sickness". And that only consisted of about a week of feeling mildly nauseous. But I never puked... thank god. Me and puking to not mix.

By week 12-ish, I was starting to feel the tell-tale signs of round ligament pain. There were random stabby pains in my abdomen, and obnoxious aching feeling in my pelvis that hasn't really gone away. And I was completely exhausted from here until around week 17.

*TMI ALERT* The day I was 19 weeks along, I woke up with crusty nipples. Ohmigawd. Did I seriously start leaking already?! Yep! GROSS.

From midway through the first trimester up through the end of the second, I had lots of random cravings. No pickles and ice cream, but things like Wendy's chicken nuggets at 9 in the morning, or grilled cheese sandwiches in the middle of the night. I've heard of chicks craving things like raw ground beef and dirt while pregnant though. What the heck is up with that?

At 24 weeks we finally got to find out that it's a boy. As we were sitting in the car in the parking lot afterward, and calling everyone, Dan's dad suggested the name Jackson. We had thought of Gabriel Jack for a boy name, but changed it to Jackson Gabriel that day. Absolutely love it. We've been calling him "baby Jack" since then. It was around this time too that my acid reflux got really bad. I've since gotten prescription Pepcid AC that's squelched that pretty quick.

On 27w5d, I did the 1-hour glucose test for gestational diabetes. The acceptable range is 75-139. I failed with a 153. Boo. So starting this coming Tuesday, I have to start a 3-day carb diet and then Friday morning I'll go in for the 3-hour test. I have to drink double the sugar in the same amount of liquid then sit in the lab of the hospital for 3 freaking hours after fasting for 10 hours beforehand. It's gonna SUCK.

Not 3 days after the 1-hour GD appointment, I started to get an itchy feeling in my stretch marks. Weird. I did some Googling and discovered PUPPP. I haven't been diagnosed yet, but I'm dead certain that I have this. The itching started in just a couple of spots on my belly, but it's expanded across my entire midsection below my belly button. And it's gross. Like a lumpy, intensely itchy rash inside the stretch marks. The only thing I've found that helps is a frozen washcloth. But I have another doctor's appointment this coming Wednesday and hopefully I can get a prescription for some kind of steroid cream or something. Oh, and apparently, the only cure is having the baby. It won't go away until a few days after he's born. Super.

So like I said, I've had nothing but mild symptoms (up until this friggin rash). Which is pretty awesome. Hopefully that's some kind of sign that Jack will be a low-maintenance baby. Heh... we can only hope.

I'm 29 weeks, 2 days pregnant.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to meet baby Jack! I hope and pray that the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly and that Jackson is as healthy as can be! Give him rubs for me and Uncle X!!! Love you sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "but things like Wendy's chicken nuggets at 9 in the morning, or grilled cheese sandwiches in the middle of the night."

    dude I have those cravings everyday. maybe I'm pregnant.

    (not)

    ReplyDelete