Friday, May 28, 2010

I'm awesome.

It's funny how much of a wuss I am. I've never had stitches before, so I didn't know what to expect when I got them, or got them taken out.

So this morning, on the way to the doctor's to get them taken out, I was like "babe, it's going to hurt. I know it!"

It's totally not going to hurt. You're the biggest weenie ever.

But but but... You don't know!!!1!

Yes I do. I'm a dude. Who played soccer in high school. And fought people for money. Stitches don't hurt. Plus, you only have two of them.

Shut up! I need a Valium!

But yeah, it ended up not hurting. And it took the nurse like, 5 seconds to cut them out. I can't wait for the fun of pushing a watermelon out my hooter. Should be a blast.

Oh man. Using the word "blast" when referencing my baby's giant watermelon head coming out = terrible visual.

In other news: I was having a serious nesting moment last night. I HAD to put the stroller together. It was like if I were a heroin addict... I just needed a little fix to get me through. Come on man, just a little bump? I mean, just to take the edge off... come on! Dan was sure the cats would immediately sleep or poop on it, but they pretty much just sniffed it for a minute and went back to other cat stuff. And now we have a mega-cute stroller sitting in the living room to look at.

Also, I've started seriously amping up my short goals philosophy. That is, I prefer to have short term goals vs waiting for bigger and better things to happen. For example: I have to work the next 4 days. Then doctor's appointment on Wednesday. Then 1 day of work. Then 3-day weekend in Columbus for a relative's wedding. Breaking it down into little goals to get through is making time go much faster. I feel like I'm wishing my life away, but the faster time goes, the sooner Jack will be here, and the sooner I can stop itching, and the sooner I'll have a bigger purpose in life.

I just can't wait.

I'm 33 weeks pregnant, and time needs to fly just a smidge faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment