Tuesday, July 27, 2010

BF'ing update!

So we had our appointment with the health department this morning. We got to weigh Jackson, and he's put on 8oz in the past 5 days. Translation: He's getting more than enough nourishment, and is up to 10lb, 14oz. Ideally, babies get back to their birth weight at 2 weeks, so he's only 4oz shy of that goal, and the nurse at the health department was happy enough about it, so I'm much less nervous about it now.

Also, the nurse talked the lactation consultant into giving us a double-electric breast pump. Mission accomplished! While we were there, she had me test it out for size and comfort, and I pumped 2oz in 10 minutes. And a few hours later, I tried again, and pumped almost 4oz is 15 minutes. Hallelujah! Now I'll be sure that my kid is getting enough to eat. Damn, that feels good. Additionally, Dan will be able to get up with him in the middle of the night and let me sleep! So excited!

In other, yet still baby news... my other sister is pregnant! If you recall, my sister Alex had her son almost 4 weeks ago. Now her twin is pregnant! My sister Shauna is due early April, 2011. Yeah, she's only a couple of weeks along, but she and her husband are super excited, so they've already told everyone. Anyway, I'm also super excited. They'll be amazing parents. And OUR parents are about to have a heart attack from all the crazy baby stuff. :)

So today's been a pretty good day. Hopefully it'll continue for a while.

Jack is 15 days old, and eating well, thank god.

No comments:

Post a Comment