Friday, July 9, 2010

Oh man.

It's 1am on Friday, July 9. I'm officially 39 weeks pregnant, and having my baby on Monday.

Oh my god!

This is our last weekend together, alone. That makes me kind of sad. Which makes me feel like a bad mom. Haha. This November, we will have been together for 4 years, which I guess is long enough without babies, but dang. Those 4 years have gone ridiculously fast. I think I still haven't wrapped my brain around the fact that I'm married to this amazing person, let alone having his child. It all seems so surreal. Or maybe it feels like it was always supposed to happen, so it's never been all that life-altering. I don't know.

In other Dan news: He's been amazing this entire time. There were a lot of times where I'm not sure he took my whining seriously, since I'm PRETTY whiny, but for the most part, he's been awesome. The last couple of days, he's kind of been hovering over me with "you okay? do we need to go to the hospital?" It's super cute. I love him.

I can't wait for Monday to be over. I almost said "I can't wait for Monday", but I think I might eat those words when the pain of labor kicks in.

To be gross for a minute, I think I've been losing my mucous plug all day. Which doesn't really mean anything because it can reform, but it gives me hope that I'm dilating further. Hopefully I'm further along than 1cm on Monday and things progress relatively quickly.

In other news, my parents will be here Sunday afternoon. That means we only have 2 days left of just us. Woah... typing that sentence made me teary. Our whole world is about to change... I hope we're ready.

I'm 39 weeks pregnant, and trying not to lose my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment