Sunday, June 13, 2010

Baby Shower #2: Amazing!

Dan and I just got back from a too-fast weekend in Illinois with my extended family. The whole point in our going out there was because my Grandmother wanted to throw us a baby shower. So I got to see most of my mom's family on Friday night, and we scored an amazing haul of baby stuff.

Something like 600 diapers in various sizes, tons of clothes, a bag of books, and some random things here and there. It was pretty great.

My sister and brother-in-law actually drove us out there, and it was sad to realize that this would be the last trip to Illinois with just the four of us. The next time, baby Jack will be here. But that should add an exciting new element to the 5-hour road trip.

In other news: my little sister is having contractions, and her doctors are saying she might pop by Tuesday. She's not due until 2 weeks from today, but her LO has been measuring way ahead the whole time, and she's had to do a ton of NSTs every week because of it. So there's a solid chance I'll get to meet (via Skype, since she lives in Germany) my new nephew in a few days! AAH!

Alright... time to go ogle all the cute crap we got this weekend and find places to shove it all. :)

ETA: I wrote this post at around 7:00pm. It's now 11:30 and I am uncomfortable. I think Jack may have dropped down into my pelvis. I'm having wicked pressure down low and feel like I have to pee every 20 minutes. I was walking up and down the stairs to do laundry and it feels like I've got a pile of bricks pushing down on my pelvis. Oye. Also, my feet are wicked swollen tonight. *sigh*

I'm 35 weeks, 3 days pregnant, and just about prepared for this kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment